Monday, September 19, 2005

Stresa


I just got back from Stresa, on Lago Maggiore, where I spent the weekend with my grandparents. The mountains and lake are gorgeous - but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

views from our hotel balcony



















(brief glimpse of the sun)















sunset from the balcony











Isola Bella, where the following pictures of the 17th century Borromee palaces and gardens were taken
















(self portrait in the greenhouse)



















out a palace window


















borromee gardens















A view from Cannero

4 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

i was by the W earlier...where the hell were you?
"Italy" is no longer an acceptable excuse.

September 20, 2005  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

oh yeah? i was on via del pratello - where were you?

September 21, 2005  
Blogger TK said...

by the W. I already told you that.

September 21, 2005  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

My Swiss misadventures have been limited to airports, unfortunately, though I'm thinking of making a cisalpine train trip. hope Locarno was wonderful, thanks for the encouragement.

September 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home