Thursday, October 13, 2005

Some gems from recent emails

I'd like to congratulate myself for having some of the greatest friends in the world.

Per esempio, some email volleys that began with my satirizing a saccharine email from a colleague about a history department apple-picking outing (my version was whoremongering in Chinatown. now, reattach the jaw to the face, Mom, it's a joke). prompted:

FROM friend NELLIE:
Since we're sharing, this today from my favorite british rag, the
Sun.
SQUIRRELS are getting hooked on crack cocaine ? hidden
by addicts in gardens.They are digging up the stashes
and eating the mega-addictive drug, which comes in
small chunks.
Crack squirrels are a recognised problem in America.
They are common in parks used by addicts in New York
and Washington DC.
They have been known to attack park visitors in their
search for a fix.

TO which THERESA replies:
oh, the crack squirrels. i can relate. we have a meth rooster in the
basement of our building, a couple of chicken whores, and
occassionally, we get visits from a methadone racoon on the fire
escape....

ALL of WHICH RESULT in MY NEW COINAGE:
Nellie arrives later today to bring our household up to five occupants. From my usual one. I'm so excited I'm jittering like a crack-addicted squirrel.

I'll happily take credit if anyone wants to formally record the etymology of this phrase.

3 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

erm, hello. do i get credit if i didn't email you but BLOGGED about the crack-addicted squirrels? hello? i did. AND you should love me anyway. yes. ahem.

October 14, 2005  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

yes, you got credit and oblique references in the things that make me happy, doofus.

October 15, 2005  
Blogger TK said...

yeah, i figured the old man with the porchetta was definitely a reference to me. or was it the yeast?

xo.

October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home